Friday, April 01, 2011

Improvised Gluten and Nightshade Free Mexican Hot Dish

I'm not quite sure why I've been on this cooking tear lately, but whatever.

I had made an amazing Mexican hotdish, but my roommate has a lot of dietary restrictions, and I wanted to make one for her.

So, I tried to recreate it, but with no gluten, no nightshades (tomatoes, peppers), and no sour cream or cheese (but my roommate does do yogurt).

I charred corn tortillas, made fresh guacamole (with cilantro and red onion and olive oil and lime juice), and layered them with chicken and yogurt.

I mixed up a special Mexican seasoning blend of cumin, oregano, celery seed, and paprika with salt and pepper.

I also added red onion, minced garlic, and olive oil.

It turned out great.

My roommate loves it.

I think it's pretty good too.






No comments: